OREA has made some important changes to the delivery options for pre-registration courses. Here's the details:
- Real Estate as a Professional Career (Course 1), Land Structures and Real Estate Trading (Course 2) and Real Property Law are no longer available in-class.
- The Residential Real Estate Transaction (Course 3b) and The Commercial Real Estate Transaction (Course 4) can now be completed online or by correspondence.
These changes mean that self-directed study is more critical than ever before. Here's our tips to help keep you on track:
- If you're preparing for the Course 1 exam and have difficulty with math, be sure to take advantage of the Passit Math Primer that is included in the guide for Real Estate as a Professional Career. Also, you'll find the "Focus on Math" option in the MCQ 600 menu extremely valuable with over 170 math-only multiple choice questions.
- The exams for The Residential Real Estate Transaction and The Commercial Real Estate Transaction are challenging. Now that classroom registration is no longer mandatory the wait times for these classes should decrease significantly. Seriously consider attending a class as both of these courses require indepth understanding (which is greatly improved with instructor explanations). Passit is adding new questions to help ensure you fully understand the materials, and we're working on some great new features to further explain complex topics.
- Remember that OREA offers an Instructor Support Line to assist you with course content questions. If you complete a chapter and don't fully understand the materials, reach out to an instructor at 1-866-444-5557.