Taking the OREA paper-based exam? Don't underestimate the value of a small, see-through ruler when you're packing for exam day. Clear is important so you can see the words below and not lose track of the overall meaning. Here's six reasons for a ruler. You can:
- methodically analyze questions on a line-by-line basis in the exam booklet;
- more accurately locate information on a table or chart; e.g., the correct interest rate factor to use for a mortgage amortization question;
- rule out incorrect responses (if you're absolutely sure) and then speed up the review process when finishing the exam;
- underline key words in questions;
- create brief mental maps to organize your thoughts; and
- check your Scantron (for paper-based exams) line-by-line answers to make certain they align with the exam booklet.