Content Assistance & Exam Prep
Many students skim the course, then become frustrated when they're tripped up on exam MCQs. That's why learners use Passit. Each Passit question includes detailed answer feedback for each answer option and a specific course location reference so you know exactly where to find the applicable content. If you need extra help, take advantage of the free resources provided to you by your course provider:
- If you're an OREA student, OREA provides free access to an OREA instructor by phone. The OREA Instructor Support line offers additional assistance with any course topic at (866) 444-5557 (Monday to Friday, 9:30 a.m.–4:00 p.m.). You can also post a course content question online via the OREA forum accessible from My Portfolio at orea.com.
- If you're a Humber student, Humber provides a free content support desk. They are available to assist with any course topic at (416) 675-5025 or 1-888-626-3090 (choose option 6, Monday to Friday, 8:30 a.m.–8:30 p.m., Saturday 8:30 am - 5:00 pm). You can also reach Humber College Learner Support at email@example.com
Absolutely! Lots of Passit users are last minute studiers, and do extremely well on their exams. Here's our master study plan for getting the most out of Passit during those last few days:
- Set aside 45 minutes for each study session
- Warm yourself up with 10 Rapid Recalls
- Challenge 20 MCQs in Study Mode, Entire Course option
- Review your results and note your areas of difficulty
- Take a break, refresh!
Repeat this pattern as time permits, paying attention to the topics you found challenging and re-reading course topics, as necessary, to ensure a solid understanding of the material. Challenge the Top 10 and Test Mode when you're feeling confident! For additional details, check out our blog post: Last Minute Studying.