RECO Delays Simulation Session 2
Yesterday, RECO made an unexpected announcement to delay Simulation Session 2, which is the in-person 40-hour class that follows Humber Course 4: Commercial Real Estate Transactions.
It is unknown when Simulation 2 will be available. In the meantime you will be able to continue the learning path and apply for conditional registration with RECO. Essentially, you will bypass Simulation 2 and complete it once it’s ready.
Here’s how that impacts your progress (until Simulation 2 is launched):
- Upon passing the Course 4 exam you will proceed to Course 5.
- After completion of Course 5 you will be eligible to apply for conditional registration with RECO. This will permit you to trade, but only in residential real estate.
- Those with conditional registrations will have two years to complete Simulation 2, and must complete this component prior to startingthe post-registration phase.
- Once Simulation 2 is ready, the learning path reverts to its prior form, where Simulation 2 will be a mandatory course in the pre-registration phase.
This announcement shortens the time to become registered, which means many learners should prioritize planning for when Course 5 is complete. Remember, to obtain registration with RECO:
- You need a criminal record check, dated within six months of your application. This process could take several weeks, depending on your area.
- You must be employed (either as an independent contractor or an employee) with a brokerage. If you haven’t selected a brokerage, now is a perfect time to start researching, interviewing and connecting with other salespeople and brokers in your area.
- You will complete the application and submit to RECO with the fee (currently $590).